- The ABCs of Subsitute Decision Making (webinar)
- Health Care Consent (webinar)
- Powers of Attorney and Substitute Decision-Making Authorities (webinar)
- Access to Older Adults
- Consent, Capacity and Substitute Decision-Making – The Basics
- Substitute Decision-Makers for Health Care Matters
- Personal Health Information – Navigating the Law
- Who Assesses Capacity Under What Circumstances?
- Making Treatment Decisions
In co-operation with the community legal clinics in Ontario, Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) produces many helpful publications on a wide range of legal topics. Are you in Hospital for a Psychiatric Assessment? talks about what happens to a person if a doctor completes a Form 1 under the Mental Health Act. It is also available in French - êtes-vous á l'hôpital pour une évaluation psychatrique? Multiple copies of this publication may be ordered free of charge from the CLEO website or by phoning (416) 408-4420.
Consent and Capacity Board
The website for the Consent and Capacity Board includes information sheets about the Board and the different the types of applications that may be brought to the Board. The website also has a series of frequently asked questions.
National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly (NICE)
NICE is an international network of researchers, practitioners and students dedicated to improving the care of older adults, both in Canada and abroad. NICE and ACE worked together to create a Tool on Capacity and Consent (Ontario Edition) which can be found on the NICE website.
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC)
The IPC acts independently of government to uphold and promote open government and the protection of personal privacy. The IPC has produced several helpful publications about personal health information, including:
- Collection, Use, Disclosure and Other Complaints – Personal Health Information Protection Act
- Lock-Box Fact Sheet
- Obtaining Personal Health Information about a Deceased Relative
- Your Health Information - Your Access and Correction Rights