- Conditions for Confirming Capacity in Powers of Attorney for Personal Care - Fall 2014
- Misuse of Powers of Attorney for Personal Care - November 26, 2013
- The Health Care Consent Act and the Substitute Decisions Act - 25 Common Misconceptions
- Powers of Attorney and Substitute Decision-Making Authorities (webinar)
- Substitute Decision-Makers for Health Care Matters
- Who Assesses Capacity Under What Circumstances?
Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)
In co-operation with the community legal clinics in Ontario, Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) produces many helpful publications on a wide range of legal topics. The following publications, written by ACE and CLEO and produced by CLEO, are of interest to those wanting information about powers of attorney and related issues, and may be printed from the CLEO website:
These publications are also available in French:
Multiple copies of these publications may be ordered free of charge from the CLEO website or by phoning (416) 408-4420.
Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT)
The PGT has produced a series of brochures on guardianship, substitute decision-making and guardianship investigations. These brochures may be printed from the PGT website. These brochures may be ordered from the PGT free of charge by phoning (416) 314-2800.
Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat
The Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat publishes A Guide to Advance Care Planning is available free of charge on the Internet or by phoning 1-888-910-1999.
National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly (NICE)
NICE is an international network of researchers, practitioners and students dedicated to improving the care of older adults, both in Canada and abroad. NICE and ACE worked together to create a Tool on Capacity and Consent (Ontario Edition) which can be found on the NICE website.